We have put together a guide of everything that you’ll need to know for your day at Mud Hero!
Here is a list of reminders that will get you through your Mud Hero day!
1) Please bring the following items with you to Mud Hero:
- Your ID
- Cash for parking ($10), food, beverages and Mud Mall purchases
- Cash for bag check ($5 or more suggested) donation to Special Olympics Canada
- A towel, change of clothes and a plastic bag for your dirty clothes
- A second pair of shoes, remember you can donate your shoes at the Columbia Shoe Donation and we’ll clean them up and send them to those in need!
- Come prepared with sunscreen, bug repellant, a re-fillable water bottle, and anything else that might get you through the day!
2) Event Day Schedule
- Arrive 1 ½ hours before the start of your wave
- Proceed to registration tent to sign a waiver, show your ID and to receive your bib, timing chip and t-shirt
- Secure/wear numbered bib on your shirt, ensuring that the number is clearly visible for photos
- Attach timing chip to shoe (remember to secure this chip, after all, it’s your free beverage at the end)
- Check your stuff into the bag check tent and donate $5 to Special Olympics Canada
- Use washrooms
3) Safety Reminders
- Absolutely no spiked shoes or metal spikes are permitted, they could hurt other participants or damage obstacles.
- No head-first down the slides or into the mud pits. We want everyone to have fun and safety is part of that!
4) Other Important Information
- Registration process
We would recommend arriving at least 1.5 hours in advance so that you'll have time to park, check in at registration, and check out the event expo area.
Make sure you bring photo ID for picking up your race kit at registration. Your timing chip can be exchanged for a complimentary beverage after you finish the course. If you plan to drink alcohol, ID is required.
We would like to remind participants that there will be no changes, transfers, or alterations of any kind to registrations after midnight the night before the event. If you would like to make changes, search your entry, or double check your wave time prior to the cut off time, visit our FAQs for all the 'how to' deets.
- Event location
Ski Martock - 370 Ski Martock Rd, Windsor, NS B0N 2T0
. Find us on Google Maps!
- Parking details
There is a $10 (cash) cost per vehicle. Please carpool to save the environment and money
- Event photos
Photos are free of charge, courtesy of our Photographers at Zoom Photo! Be patient, it takes them a few days to go through the thousands of photos taken on event weekend and index them, so you can find your photos based on your bib number. Keep your eyes out for an email from Zoom Photo, which you will receive a few days after Mud Hero. This will include the website link and instructions for downloading your photos. You can also keep an eye on our Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages where we will also post event photos once they are ready.
IMPORTANT: You will receive a numbered bib as part of your race kit at check-in. Please ensure that the number is clearly visible once placed on the front of your shirt. Ask your peeps to help you out on this one. Feel free to write your bib # on your arm with permanent marker at the marking station beside the registration tent after checking in! This will allow our photographers to index your photos properly, and make it easier for you to find your photos!
- Event results
Results will be available after the race on our website and social media pages. You can also go directly to SportStats.ca to see results live.
Mud Hero Halifax - 6K and Ultra 10K Results
Have a family member or friend who wants to watch the event, but not participate? We'd love their help! They can get a 'backstage pass' and see you up close and personal. We need volunteers for all sorts of roles, so if you know anyone who might be interested, sign them up HERE!
Volunteers receive free parking, a Mud Hero T-shirt, a Mud Hero Mud Mall $50 gift card and a free lunch at the event!
- Charity partner
It's never too late to donate to our charity partner. To sign up and start collecting pledges for the Special Olympics Canada, or to donate now, click here.
Can my dog come to Mud Hero? Can my mom volunteer? How long will it take me to do the course? Answers to these and all of your other burning questions can be found on the FAQ page of our website.
6) Mud Hero Kids
Mud Hero Kids is for children ages 4 through 12. There is event day registration for those who have missed the online registration cut-off ($40, cash only). Please visit our Mud Hero Kids FAQ page for complete event details.
Registration / kit pick-up for Mud Hero Kids is at a separate location from the main Mud Hero registration. Please follow signs leading to the Kids area on-site.
7) Want more?
Check out the Mud Hero Blogs for detailed articles about what to wear, what to eat on event day, how to warm up and more helpful event weekend tips!